Treat all electrical devices as if they are live or energized
Disconnect the power source before servicing or repairing electrical equipment.
Use only tools and equipment with non-conducting handles when working on electrical devices.
Never use metallic pencils or rulers, or wear rings or metal watchbands when working with electrical equipment.
When it is necessary to handle equipment that is plugged in, be sure hands are dry and, when possible, wear nonconductive gloves, protective clothes and shoes with insulated soles.
If it is safe to do so, work with only one hand, keeping the other hand at your side or in your pocket, away from all conductive material.
Never touch another person’s equipment or electrical control devices unless instructed to do so.
Enclose all electric contacts and conductors so that no one can accidentally come into contact with them.
Never handle electrical equipment when hands, feet, or body are wet or perspiring, or when standing on a wet floor.
When it is necessary to touch electrical equipment (for example, when checking for overheated motors), use the back of the hand. Thus, if accidental shock were to cause muscular contraction, you would not “freeze” to the conductor.
Be aware that interlocks on equipment disconnect the high voltage source when a cabinet door is open but power for control circuits may remain on.
De-energize open experimental circuits and equipment to be left unattended.