Skip to content
- Why do I need a vector diagram? Tue, Sep 19th, 2017 - Modern reference standards and calibration devices have usually a graphical function to show the relationship between the voltages and the … Continue reading Why do I need a vector diagram?
- What is the meaning of the different current subscripts? Thu, Sep 14th, 2017 - Together with tender documents and meter specifications you will find various subscripts related to current. current I without subscript This … Continue reading What is the meaning of the different current subscripts?
- What are harmonics ? Thu, Sep 14th, 2017 - Note: This post is extremely simplified to give some brief information. Generally a harmonic is a integer multiple of the … Continue reading What are harmonics ?
- What is the difference between adjustment and calibration? Mon, Sep 4th, 2017 - The term calibration is often misused. Calibration means the comparison of a unit under test (in our case a energy … Continue reading What is the difference between adjustment and calibration?
- What is Maximum Demand Measurement? Wed, Aug 23rd, 2017 - Demand is a measure of average power consumption over a fixed time interval. Maximum (or peak) demand is the highest … Continue reading What is Maximum Demand Measurement?
- The four-quadrant diagram in electricity metering Mon, Aug 14th, 2017 - When we talk about power we always need to indicate the direction and which sort of power. We can have: … Continue reading The four-quadrant diagram in electricity metering
- How long does a no-load test take? Thu, Aug 10th, 2017 - First we take a look at the IEC standards. The run-time depends on several factors like accuracy class meter constant … Continue reading How long does a no-load test take?
- Which standard is applicable for acceptance tests for energy meters? Wed, Aug 9th, 2017 - From time to time there are some questions regarding the acceptance inspection for energy meters. This paper is to clarify … Continue reading Which standard is applicable for acceptance tests for energy meters?